Wellesley College, in Wellesley, Massachusetts, is a one the nation’s premier liberal arts colleges and widely acknowledged as the leading college for women. Wellesley is acclaimed for its rigorous academic program, excellence in teaching, a talented and diverse student body, and distinguished alumnae in every arena. Its mission is to provide an excellent liberal arts education for women who will make a difference in the world.
Wellesley has engaged HNMCP to offer recommendations for the redesign of informal grievance resolution processes on their campus, for faculty, staff and students.
- Focus group discussions and interviews with informal grievance system stakeholders;
- Research on best practices in higher education informal grievance systems, including research on peer institutions’ systems;
- Meetings with those who address grievances in the present system about what has worked well so far and what could improve;
- Development of recommendations regarding the redesign of informal grievance resolution processes for the college to consider, which will include recommendations about how the function intersects with offices that do work that may overlap: Human Resources, the Provost’s Office, and Title IX.
- Written recommendations for the redesign of informal grievance resolution processes.
- An in-person presentation to college leadership and other stakeholders.