The U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC) is an independent federal investigative and prosecutorial agency. Part of its mandate is to protect federal employees and applicants from prohibited personnel practices, especially reprisal for whistleblowing. In the past, HNMCP conducted consultations with OSC’s ADR Unit over two spring semesters, 2012 and 2013, and agency-wide in fall 2013. For the current project, HNMCP will analyze and make recommendations around the ADR Unit’s convening and pre-mediation process.
Activities & Deliverables
- Interview parties who have engaged in mediation with OSC about their experience in the convening process;
- Interview parties who declined mediation with OSC to obtain their perspective on their decision in retrospect;
- Research similar comparable ADR programs to glean best practices in convening;
- Make recommendations regarding the most effective and efficient convening and pre-mediation process;
- Make recommendations for tools parties might use to prepare for mediation.