Creative expressions of conflict resolution—whether in photography, on canvas, or through sculpture—promote and advance conflict resolution itself. HNMCP builds community around conflict resolution skills and practice, and we want our space to reflect our values. We seek to feature creative representations of conflict resolution and peacemaking throughout our space and are putting out a call for submissions for our second annual Art Competition.
Artwork will be displayed in our suite on the Harvard Law School campus for a minimum one year, beginning in Spring 2015
- The artwork must be the artist’s original creation
- The use of any medium is acceptable (photography, sculpture, painting, drawing, etc.)
- Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish
- The artwork must be no larger than 4’ x 5’
- Due date, Friday, April 24, 2015, submitted to [email protected],
The artwork will be evaluated on how well it reflects themes of conflict resolution and/or peacemaking, as well as artistry and creativity
Winning entries will be selected by a panel of judges, including:
- Robert Bordone, Director of the Harvard Negotiation and Mediation Clinical Program
- Martha Minow, Dean of Harvard Law School
- Lisa Dealy, Assistant Dean for Clinical and Pro Bono Programs
All participants will be notified of a decision in early May. Winning entries will be framed and displayed at the HNMCP office at Harvard Law School for a minimum of one year, with the possibility of extension. Each winner will receive $200 in prize money. All artwork will be returned to its original owners at the end of the display period.